Welcome to Literally Jesse. Thank you for taking the time to come and check out my site, but where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself.
Hi, I’m Jesse Rosenbaum. I grew up in Green Brook, NJ and as of 2017, I am living in Vero Beach, FL. I am an author of stories for both page and screen. Literally Jesse is a place where I can share what I have been up to both literally and literarily speaking.
I am an avid reader of fiction with a love for the horror, mystery, science fiction & thriller genres, but I don’t limit myself to those genres. I’m open to reading all genres as long as the subject matter peaks my interest.
I am a soon to be published author with my first novel, ‘The Condemned‘, which is to be published by Fulton Books. I am very excited to share what I have been up to and what I am working on.
What can you expect to see on this site?
- Samples of the stories I am working on.
- Stories that I have enjoyed reading and think you might too.
- Writing from others that inspires me.
This might be the part where you think to yourself, “How do I know that I will even like what you, Jesse, have to share?” I’m so glad you asked. Here, in no particular order, are a number of authors that I enjoy and / or inspire me, which, perhaps, you enjoy also.
WARNING: This won’t be a short list.
- Richard Matheson
- Hands down my favorite author and biggest inspiration. For me, it all started with ‘I Am Legend’.
- William Shakespeare
- If I had to pick one play, it would be Hamlet. I love that play.
- Christopher Marlowe
- I took an 18th Century Literature course in colleague and fell in love with his works. Tamburlaine the Great was my favorite of his with Doctor Faustus being a close second.
- Edgar Allen Poe
- T.S. Eliot
- W.H. Auden
- H.P. Lovecraft
- Johnathan L Howard
- For me, it began with his writing in the Circle of Blood (Broken Sword game) and re-ignited years later with his Johannes Cabal novels.
- Christopher Moore
- It all began with ‘A Dirty Job’.
- Steve Niles
- Ben Templesmith
- Hands down my favorite comic book artist.
- Shirley Jackson
- Mary Shelley
- Anne Rice
- David Wellington
- Henry Rollins
- This man inspires me and provides a kick-ass soundtrack.
- Alan Cumming
- His novel ‘Not My Father’s Son’ is so beautiful and strong.
- Chuck Palahniuk
- I know it may be cliché, but ‘Fight Club’ is where it all started for me.
- Charlie Huston
So, how many of those have read or enjoyed? Perhaps we already have some things in common. There are others I could share, of course, but we would be here a while. I hope you come back soon to see what I am up to both literally and literarily.